Value Creation Index
This research analyses whether FTSE 100 companies are consistently and effectively communicating their value creation capability in two of the most important communication platforms: annual report and corporate website.
The Value of Consistency
With the multitude of communication channels available today, ensuring consistency in storytelling remains critical to effective strategic communications for corporations. As stakeholder expectations for corporate sustainability and transparency continue to grow, such trends call for the need to review how leading companies are addressing these particular communications challenges, and the key areas they need to focus on to reinforce the consistency of their value creation stories.
We’ve developed a framework to capture the top considerations in telling a long-term value creation story and identified key questions against our aligned data points to capture a holistic picture of how effectively and consistently companies are communicating.
Top consideration for telling a company’s long-term value creation story:
1. How do companies identify and define what value means for them?
2. How are companies articulating their business model?
3. How are companies evidencing their view of the market and their plans for managing the market challenges?
4. How are companies explaining what makes them distinctive?
5. How are companies demonstrating their understanding of value creation opportunities?
6. How are companies articulating their strategic direction for long-term value creation?
7. How are companies evidencing the connectivity between value-adding activities, performance and the decisions made?
8. How are companies demonstrating that they are protecting their ability to generate value in the long-term?
9. How are companies providing insight into risk management?
10. How do companies ensure that the right culture pervades throughout the organisation?
We have drawn some of the key findings from two of our core research reports within the Horizon Series – “Less Perfection More Authenticity” and “Lighting the Way” which identify the emerging trends in corporate reporting and websites respectively.
This research supports us in continuously enhancing our knowledge of best practice communications, enabling us to support our clients in developing engaging communications to build trust with their key stakeholders in a manner that matches their levels of ambition.