Event Highlights | Attracting and engaging the best talent
At our webinar ‘Attracting and engaging the best talent – What makes a great careers website’ earlier this week we discussed the vital role of careers websites in attracting new talent. Our Web 100 research revealed some emerging content themes:
Greater emphasis on building an authentic employer brand
Building an authentic and highly differentiated employer brand has become increasingly important for companies to attract and retain employees. This year culture and diversity have become an integral part of the employer brand, and are increasingly talked about.
- 66% of companies define the company culture in the careers section whilst 78%
provide diversity and inclusion information in their careers section.
- 63% of companies communicate their company values on the corporate website, with 56% highlighting their values in the careers section.
- 71% of companies include employee stories and experiences on their website, providing more insights into the company culture, yet only about half bring the discussion to life via video.
- 10% of companies provide a link to employer reviews from 3rd party websites. How companies are perceived is increasingly influenced by social media and employee feedback websites
Moving the discussion beyond the hygiene factors
There is an increased focus on purpose and wider corporate narrative from wider stakeholders but these are not often highlighted in the careers section.
- 72% of companies discuss underlying key employee benefits in their careers section
- 71% of companies articulate purpose on their website, with 40% putting purpose on a dedicated page or homepage
- 39% of companies address purpose in the careers section with even fewer addressing sustainability, suggesting that that key messages around Purpose and Sustainability are still siloed and that companies need to communicate non-financial benefits to candidates on the careers website, as their audiences look beyond career focussed information.
Improving the candidate experience
There are signs of increased transparency and clarity from companies to help improve the whole job search experience..
- 63% of websites now have more tailored content which helps address needs of different audience groups at different stages of their professional goals and also provides more targeted content and data about their audience profile.
- 45% of companies provide more information around application processes, coupled with an upward trend in disclosure around FAQs
If you would like to find out how else we can support you, please contact Naomi Hawkins.
Black Sun is a stakeholder communications company. We help businesses to communicate authentically how they deliver value to inspire, engage and influence their important stakeholders. We believe that inspiring strategic communications can spark positive change and drive long-term, sustainable performance. We want to work with companies who want to build better businesses through better communications.