Event Highlights | Creating a 'go-to' destination
In our webinar on on 15th September, we launched our first webinar as part of our Web100 series 'A renewed purpose for a new reality'; ‘Creating a ‘go-to’ destination – How companies are communicating their corporate story’. We shared the overall results of our latest analysis of corporate websites and noted 5 emerging content themes:
- Greater focus on purpose, with 71% of corporate websites articulating company purpose – versus 56% last year. We expect this trend to grow as Purpose climbs to the top of the corporate agenda and as many businesses rethink their strategy post COVID.
- More sophisticated articulation of strategy. Whilst 78% of FTSE100 corporate websites have an overview of corporate strategy – this figure remains relatively unchanged since last year – the level of strategic input and insight provided has increased.
- Greater spotlight on ESG. Last year 13 companies referenced ESG in the IR section of their website – this has risen to 34% this year as businesses see an opportunity to use the corporate website to provide more up to date content around ESG. We’re also seeing an upward trend on insights around ESG with 23% of companies providing ESG related documents on their website.
- Gap in companies evidencing sustainability. Only 38% of companies we been tracking disclosed their sustainability performance, demonstrating a flat trend of companies that are not evidencing the ambition which is being increasingly communicated. Only 54% of companies reference company purpose in their sustainability section.
- There is more work to be done in COVID comms. 58% of companies have a dedicated COVID page and 31% of companies keep their COVID page regularly updated.
If you would like to find out how else we can support you, please contact Naomi Hawkins.
Black Sun is a stakeholder communications company. We help businesses to communicate authentically how they deliver value to inspire, engage and influence their important stakeholders. We believe that inspiring strategic communications can spark positive change and drive long-term, sustainable performance. We want to work with companies who want to build better businesses through better communications.